CrAcK Is WaCk: Life of a Lonely Dragon

7:00 AM

Ross Bleckner, Life of a Lonely Dragon, 1981
CrAcK iS WaCk
By SAI GONDI

Ross Blecker, similar to Eric Fishl, offered a new take on art during the 80's. He trained in New York City during the 70's and began to establish himself a new take on abstract art. Life of a Lonely Dragon may seem as if he sketched this with chalk on a charcoal brick wall, however this work is really an oil painting on a canvass. His strange techniques and styles allow him to create this emotional works centered around individualism. The trapped bird seems as though its truing to soar away but is confined by something, possibly the unknown. 

As this is my final blog post for Art History, it seems only right that I leave you all with some thank yous. Firstly, thank you to my classmates from both Renaissance and Modern Art History. These last two years have been filled with laughter and memories. I am excited to see my fellow seniors cruise through college and achieve more than you thought you were capable of. Second, thank you to those who read our posts. We truly enjoy being able to offer our commentary on works. We appreciate those who read them and see how we become more insightful and understanding each and every post. Finally, thank you to Mr. Luce. I came into this class two years ago with little knowledge and regard for art. I am beyond thankful for you opening my eyes to an entirely new subject I foolishly chose to ignore. You made me not only a wiser and better student, but a better, more appreciative human being. And for that, I can never thank you enough. 

It's been a great ride. Peace out all you amazing people. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments