Art History Hotties: Self Portrait with Rita

7:00 AM

Thomas Hart Benton, Self Portrait with Rita, 1924

By RUOLING "LINDA" XU
The old lady finally shut her mouth. I'm thirty-three, and my old lady was worried about my marriage. "You have to find a person to take care of you," she said. I didn't believe so until I met Rita, my wife.



My wife and I were on our honeymoon at the beach. It was different from the Midwest. It was all about sunshine and hotties. When I say hotties, I mean Rita especially. She was in her sexy dress-like swimming suit that makes her beautiful legs longer and smoother. Rita was not feeling well because of the hot wea
ther. She was holding her pink handkerchief to wipe her good-smelling sweat all the time. I guess she was pretty sick, even my groovy body with six beautiful abdominal muscles and the curly mustache she loved couldn't make her look happy. I looked at her with my dark brown eyes. She was shy to look at my beautiful face and turned away.
On the beach, there was this weird family. The mom in red was fixing her long red hair while the father and son were measuring her body with a tailor's cloth ruler. They were talking about something like "this dress is too loose," "modify the waist," "don't move," "taking picture" "ins gallery." I guess the mom is a galler (a made-up word similar to blogger) in the Instagram Gallery who hangs a picture of herself to gain fame. It is a new form of art which I don't understand. All I know is future generations will remember me for my magnificent paintings but maybe not their work.

You Might Also Like

0 comments