Girls Picking Flowers in a Meadow

7:00 AM

Pierre Auguste Renoir, Girls Picking Flowers in a Meadow, 1890

By ZOE BROUS

Dear Sophie,

I know you find art museums boring, but I know you will appreciate this piece. Instead of focusing on analyzing politics or religion, this painting aesthetically comforts and satisfies viewers. Girls Picking Flower in a Meadow focuses on the beauty of nature and people. The layers of thin and twirly brushstrokes gives the painting a light-hearted and playful energy. The vibrant colors overwhelm the campus with light. The curvy field outlines the girls and their body movement. Overall, the energy remains vibrant with color yet displays relaxing movments.

Renoir highlights the comfort of human relationships. Renoir's girls resemble our sisterly relationship. The elaborate floral hats remind me of the hats mom made us wear many years ago. The rosy cheeks displays innocent yet vulnerable emotion. The girls in the painting appreciate nature. You resemble Renoir's girls by always finding new ways to explore and absorb the beauty of nature. In Greek mythology, Sophie means wisdom. Your knowledge and love for animals and nature always amazes me.

The peacefulness of the girls display reminds me of our relationship. We never fight, and I always view you as the peace keeper in our family. The girls display youthful innocence. As a 13-year-old, you still need growth and development. Even I lack growth and maturity. I advise you to keep your innocence and optimistic view of the world. I urge you to picture this world with fields full of flowers ready to be picked.

Love you lots,
Zoe


Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses.

You Might Also Like

0 comments