The Weeping Woman

7:00 AM

Pablo Picasso, The Weeping Woman, 1937
BY KAELYN ROSS

Dear Owen,

I admire your curiosity, especially of art. Every time I begin the process of a new painting, you question the techniques and concepts even once completed. You always offer your help whether it be with ideas, painting, or cleaning. You, a seven year old, make me see my own art and others' differently. 

You will not only like this piece for less mature reasons such as the vibrant colors and abnormal depiction, but also for how it makes you feel. You empathize and have an insatiable desire to help others and to keep everyone happy. When I see this picture with you in mind, I see the subject as myself, feeling anxious and upset. I know that I can depend on you to always give me a hug and ask about my day because you genuinely care about my feelings. You have the ability to change any bad day into a better one and manage to end it on a happy note. I felt that you would appreciate this painting because of all of the techniques and abnormality in order to express movement and emotion. You inspire me. 



Love, 
Kaelyn


Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses.

You Might Also Like

0 comments