Vincent Van Gogh

7:00 AM

Vincent Van Gogh, Almond Blossoms, 1890
By Nayoung Kwon

Troy,

I would always be brought down by rainfall, drenched in heavy rain, but you've always held my hand so that I don't fall behind. You are always careful and protective of my already damaged petals. If I hadn't met you I would have been lost, confused, and even become non-existent. Each season we spend, we create new memories that cannot be replaced. Our friendship grows each year like this tree... Almond Blossom, representing the beginning of spring and the new life ahead of us.

I am scared and worried...when winter comes, you will no longer be beside me. You will be going on an adventure that will determine your future, and I will stay here, the where we met and wish for spring to come. Until then... I will wait, wait until spring comes then we can once again create wonderful memories like we always did.

Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments