Anthony of Padua

7:00 AM

Kehinde Wiley, Anthony of Padua, 2013


BY MOHAMMED CHAUDHRI

K.Grigs,

I gift you, Anthony of Padua.

We only met three years ago, but I treat you as if you were my long-lost brother. I have never been able to relate to anyone other than you and the fact that both of our views on any subject matter are the same is freakin' absurd. The advice you gave me during our last talk has given me the strength to deal with the pressures of my life, and I want to thank you for that. I felt like I was going to be slumptfor an eternity if you wouldn't have talked some sense into me. I value your honesty with me, and I have kept your advice in my mind as I transition into a young adult.

I chose to gift you a Kehinde Wiley painting cause we both have a passion for fashion and music with a heavy urban influence. You try your hardest to understand other cultures and that's exactly why I mess with you. The paintings of Kehinde Wiley contain people from the city who remain in elegant poses with vibrant backgrounds filled with flowers. The fancy yet empowering poses remind me of how we both like to showcase our style. We keep it classy but flex at the same time. The paintings remind me exactly of how you photograph your models for Instagram. (Floral Patterns + Designer Clothes = Good Vibes)

It's been a long time since we've hung out,  but I hope that we can stay in touch for as long as possible. I'm thinking about visiting your place this summer before college takes over our lives. Just keep grinding in your art, and I'll kill it in music. We definitely need to collab in the future.
(Tyler x A$AP Rocky Visionary Movement)

 Best,


-MoMoney

You Might Also Like

0 comments