Astronaut

7:00 AM

Nicolás Paris, Astronaut, 2011
By NAYOUNG KWON

Dear 2018 classmates,

At last, the end of our senior year is just around the corner. Where all of us would soon split apart to live the life as an independent beings. We grew up in this school like siblings, caring and supporting each other. We shared generous amount of memes, hatred, laughter, and creating unforgettable memories that will forever last. There will be a feeling of emptiness after the ceremonies, but that  feeling exists so that you can make more new memories with the people you love in the near future.

I wish spent my time more wisely at this moment because as time goes by I feel more emotional to leave this place... I remember telling my 14-year=old self how time should go faster just because school was just a daily burden and a place to kill time. When really I shouldn't have complained and just treasured each moments of spending time with you all.

There will be tears and broken hearts on the last day of our high school year; but like an astronaut, we will float and wonder about what's ahead of us as we unfold our future little by little. I thank you for these precious memories that I will treasure and probably will laugh about before going to bed. I thank you for all the warm and fuzzy feelings of happiness you guys have given me. I thank you for  the grade dramas, chitchat sessions, and just pure confusion. Finally, I thank you all for all the numerous hugs for the past years and making me feel special for being myself. Since we have few more months left together (or more), I hope to build more unforgettable memories with you all.


Sincerely,
Nayoung 


P.S. Happy Thanksgiving, love ya guys.

Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses.

You Might Also Like

0 comments