Impression, Sunrise

7:00 AM

Claude Monet, Impression Sunrise, 1872

By RUOLING "LINDA" XU

Dear Jenny Zhu,

Congratulations, you have passed Barstow's junior year! Now you are here to finish the last year of high school in Barstow with me :)

I remember when you first came to Barstow, I didn't have a positive feeling about you. But time has proved I was wrong. We got together pretty well. Maybe it was because we wanted to get into the same major. I feel thankful about that as you are a good friend to work with.

Here is a picture of Monet's Impression Sunrise painting. It reminds me our hometown - Shanghai. Shanghai used to be a fishing village but now the harbor expanded and became a International Trading Port. I wish you to have a bright future like Shanghai. This painting also gives me a misty feeling which I have now during this application season. I know you have the same feeling as me but I believe everything will go well because I know you have great passion in art. Hope this painting will limit your homesick.

Thank you for pushing me forward when I don't know what to do. Also thank you for coming to Barstow. We all enjoyed being with you.

Love,

Linda Xu

Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses.

You Might Also Like

0 comments