Les Elephant

7:00 AM

Salvador Dali, Les Elephants, 1948
By SARAH XU

My dear ginger friend Kennedy,

Alas my times on Earth are over, so I will you Les Elephant by my favorite artist, Salvador Dali. The red fades as your time by my side slowly comes to an end. I have thoroughly enjoyed your stories of journey to Thailand, and for this reason, my good friend Salvy Dali has painted elephants specifically for you. The sunset is the fire in your heart that refuses to die and color of your infinitely burning hair. The never ending legs of the elephants remind of your lengthy life. You are a year older than the rest of our class, after all. May you ride off into the sunset atop your elephant with your infinite amount of pets by your side and prosper wherever your elephant takes you.

“I am painting pictures which make me die for joy, I am creating with an absolute naturalness, without the slightest aesthetic concern, I am making things that inspire me with a profound emotion and I am trying to paint them honestly." -Salvador Dali

By willing this painting to you, I am dying of joy. Salvy's lack of aesthetic concern should be a mantra in your life, as you are as perfect as the most beautiful sunset. Elephants are a recurring theme in Dali's paintings, just as elephants are common in your Instagram posts. The pillars on the elephants' backs are the problems that weigh you down, but as the elephants are continuing their journey, I believe you can overcome any difficulties you may encounter. Your mission, shall you choose to accept it, is to live your life to the fullest. Home is at the end of the tunnel, or in this case the middle of the painting. Find the place you feel the most happy, and never give up. 

Keep on trekking, old chap.
Sarah Xu

You Might Also Like

0 comments