Depression Series #5

7:00 AM

Beverly McIver, Depression Series #5, 2011
By ANTHONY MADISON

Eryn McKynzie Madison,

I chose to dedicate this painting to you because of how much you mean to me. When I saw that little girl on the painting it made me feel like I was looking at you. I felt like we were back at home together watching movies and eating pizza in the living room floor.

You’ve been my best friend for 14 years now. Every year I see you grow more and more into the person you’ll be for the rest of your life. I know what you’re going through is getting harder and harder by the day, but you’ll get through it. I went through the exact same thing when I was your age and even when I was a bit older, so I completely understand how you’re feeling. Through all the court cases and family drama just know that I love you and I’m here for you whenever for whatever.



Editor's Note: Students were asked to give a painting to someone they cared for. These are their moving responses.


You Might Also Like

0 comments